Wednesday, June 18, 2008

maybe it's time to stop and ask for directions

I'm bored... can you tell? why else would I be investing my precious time (which should be spent on studying btw, seeing as how my end-of-sem exam is in about 45 hours time and I've still got tonnes to study!!!). But I figure it would be nice to give everyone a little shock to their systems every once in awhile. Though I'm pretty sure no one bothers checking out my blog anymore. It has been more than an entire year since my last post.
Anyways, for one of those self-life achievements, I shall continue blogging and be proud that I've stuck it through!

Updates... life's taking a surprising U-turn... Funny how sometimes you think you'd never be in the same situation twice but you end up putting yourself in that very situation three times or more even. Not saying that the situation is bad... it's just too uncertain to be comfortable. So much so that you start questioning everything about yourself. Start questioning the ideas and idealisms you've already set up for yourself because when you set them up you weren't actually thinking but just going with the flow, in the first place. And now that this situation has been pushing your buttons to question "Why?" or "Really?... " you start getting uncomfortable coz who wants to be pushed out of the proverbial 'comfort zone' like that. In any case, I'm embracing the challenge of rediscovering myself.

Though some may question, "Why think so much?" or mock you for wanting to take the time to think about stuff that is seemingly meaningless and a waste of brain cells to them, I say I'd rather live my life knowing I tried to figure out the little things than to let them pass me by and allowing myself to just go with the flow.

Maybe U-turn's aren't that bad, even if you may be U-turning to the wrong direction. Coz maybe there was something to be seen or experienced that you would've missed had you not taken the U-turn. And even if there was nothing there at least you would've learned not to make the same mistake again. Right? Whatever it is, I guess though we'd like to think we're in the driver's seat, we're just passengers. BUT I'd like to think I'm one of those back-seat driver people.

6 Comments:

At 4:11 AM , Blogger Niyi said...

:D WOW! one shocker yest and another shocker today! i wonder what's in store tmr.. :)

 
At 8:00 AM , Blogger Terence said...

hey niyi linked u up on her blog! go scold her!! :P

oh btw u-turns are good :) and even if you've reached a dead end, you can do a 3-point turning :P although some people don't agree with me about that. bleh

 
At 8:11 PM , Blogger Tim said...

Hey Cheryl :D,

Blogging is good.. helps you express your thoughts to the world. And no, starting to blog again isn't a bad thing, hey I stopped blogging for a longer period of time than you.. but I'm now "re-charged" if you wanna call it that. Yeah, so hopefully we'll get to see more stuff from you on this blog. Cheers! One more day to go to our exam! Study Cheryl!

p.s. And yes, Niyi linked ur blog, only way I could find it :P

 
At 8:08 AM , Blogger Sarah Joy said...

UPDATE!!!!!

 
At 9:28 AM , Blogger Jane said...

whoa! she blogs!!! WHOA!!! haha....continue please. ok bye!\
xoxo

 
At 10:24 AM , Blogger Rachel said...

cheryl =)

keeping in mind i'm no driver, i think u-turns aren't half bad. they give us a chance to travel back the same path with a new perspective.

and at the risk of being cliche... enjoy the journey dear. u-turn or not. =)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home